Should have Installation, Administration & Troubleshooting experience in :
- Operating Systems - Linux (RedHat, Fedora, CentOS), Windows Server
- Candidate must be an experienced DBA who has worked on Oracle, SQL Server and any other RDBMS.
- Working experience on Oracle RAC & Data Guard is a must.
- Strong experience with performance optimization and tuning with database applications is a MUST
- Exposure to large OLAP modeling, star schema is an advantage.
- Design, manage, and monitor index usage, statistics, and other core database performance items
- Working knowledge on Database engines - MySQL, PostgreSQL, MS-SQL, MongoDB.
- Advanced DB Implementation skills such as DB clustering, DB Failover
- Strong knowledge of backups, restores, recovery models, database shrink operations, DBCC commands, Clustering, Database mirroring, Replication
- Ability to detect and troubleshoot SQL Server related CPU, Memory, I/O, disk space and other resource contention
- Hands-on experience in building database, writing database code like functions, procedures, stored procedures, triggers etc.-
- Experience in designing and building High Available & High Performance Database Environments both On-Premise or on Cloud.
Cloud Platforms :
- Database deployment, management and Administration on Cloud is desirable
- Knowledge on Cloud Architecture is desirable
Other Skills :
- Should have excellent presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with internal and external executives, IT management, and technical teams including software development groups
- Should be able to work under a high pressure environment with flexible work timings
- Should be able to solution, articulate and document architecture with sufficient detailing for implementation.
- Should have at-least 3+ years of support experience in multi-client or multi-platform environments with specific focus on support of middleware and database stacks in addition to infrastructure support.
Roles & Responsibilities :
- Design and implement robust database administration solutions including resource management, security, backup and recovery, performance monitoring and tuning, data management and capacity planning, multi-threading and parallelism, planning and implementing failover between database instances.
- Good understanding of the organizations goals and objectives
- Provide necessary architectural oversight for any implementation, recommendation or changes in supported environments initiated through periodic reviews, audits conducted by internal delivery assurance groups or by client initiated audits or requests.
- Assist in automation activities where-ever possible from design through development and deployment
- Technical documentation skills
- Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members
- Assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement
- Be part of new implementation projects and will be responsible to prepare the pre-implementation plan for such projects - internal or external as may be required from time to time for implementation by the Implementation Teams
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Apply data modeling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations
Leading in HR consultancy