- Periodically review the validity of the KRI & KCSA in the process.
- Develop new KRI & KCSA for new migrations or process changes as required.
- Ensure timely submission of the KRI & KCSA and highlight exception with effective action plans and target closure date.
- Review all exceptions reported in the KRI & KCSA for any underlying risk that has not been previously identified and highlight to the Business lead & Central Operation Risk team.
- Perform periodic process reviews and proactively identify Functional Risk existing in the process and highlight such risks to the Business lead & Central Operation Risk team.
- Act as SPOC for Audits and support Central Operation Risk team in review and consolidation of the audit requirement.
- Tracking and resolution for any audit issues raised in any GIA audit performed on the unit.
- Organize unit FORC on a monthly basis and provide inputs relating to the Global Financial Reporting unit to the Central Operational Risk team for discussion in wider forums.
- Ensure Service Review Meetings (SRM) is conducted as per ISP guidelines.
- Ensure the governance and controls around EUC are in place & perform review on the adherence of the process to the EUC Governance policy.
- Report Operational Risks, Near Misses, Potential and Operational losses on timely basis.
- Pass II Error: Review the RCA for the errors and challenge the business on the criticality and the action plans (for adequacy and effectiveness)
- Assist in coordinating, facilitating and promoting understanding of operational risk and in implementation and management of OR within the Unit.
- Good understanding of IFRS standards relevant for financial instruments i.e IAS 39, IFRS 7, 9, 13 for the purpose of preparing the financial statements.
- Collaborate within FSSC teams to coordinate and get inputs or raise issues that arise during the operational risk review.
- Perform/ Participate in the process risk analysis to identify and remediated gaps in the existing process.
- Participate and give suggestions in the finance transformation programme thereby enabling removal of manual workarounds.
- Maintain Financial reporting integrity and review all data included in the financial reports for accuracy and completeness
- Complying with all governance requirements - Process metrics review, Service review calls, BCP.
- Coordinate with internal and external auditors to provide timely information and support
- Building a strong functional and business knowledge in the teams.
- Assists in recruiting, training and evaluating employees.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS :
Qualified Accountant is a must : CA, CPA or CIMA (UK)
- 8 plus years post qualification work experience in areas relating to risk and controls, experience in Financial Reporting in a financial services industry would be added advantage.
- Prior experience of working in Legal entity Financial Reporting process.
- Sound of IFRS reporting standards and practices
- Extensive working experience in different financial and accounting systems
- Experience of working in a global financial services organisation in a matrixed environment.
- SOX and internal controls experience preferred.
- Prior experience of managing small /mid size teams
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent network building and strong interpersonal skills to work with people from diverse culture and background.
- Demonstrates integrity and professionalism, with the intent to do the right thing at all times
- Ability to multitask and prioritize diverse tasks.
- Excellent project managerial skills and ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects required.
- Facilitate and coordinate multiple deadlines, create cohesive teams, and respond quickly to management requests.
- Proven ability to perform under pressure and stress and to adjust plans to meet changing needs and requirements.
Key Relationships For :
- Data Quality & Validation
- Central Intercompany Team
- External Reporting Team
- Central Accounting
- Head, Financial Reporting (country)
- Global Process Manager - Stakeholders in the end to end Group Reporting process
- FSSC customer
- Senior manager and process leader
KEY MEASURES :
- Timely submission of quality IFRS packs with nil adjustments and reclassifications
- Faster-close timelines met
- All group queries built in reporting and review processes so that they do not recur
- Reduction /Elimination of manual and late adjustments
- Process accuracy maintained at 100% at zero tolerance levels
- Employee attrition levels within the agreed FSSC targets
- Nil audit points.
As given from time to time by the Functional Manager
BLACK TURTLE is a premier talent management consultancy firm. The Indian arm was established... in the year 2000. Since then the unit has grown manifold and is ranked among the Top 10 across various services and functions.
BLACK TURTLE offers a wide range of services spread across various industries and functions. These services range from executive recruitment to consultancy in devising HR policies to attract and retain the best talent. It includes servicing niche recruitment needs to RPO. We offer multiple solutions under one roof.
Read full description