GTelecom is seeking a Senior Linux Systems Administrator with multiple operating system support and troubleshooting experience to contribute toward the success of our technology initiatives. In this role, the successful candidate will support the installation, configuration, and maintenance of the organization's server Unix/Linux operating systems. Installs new software releases and system upgrades. Installs, configures, and maintains all Unix/Linux servers. Schedules installations and Upgrades. Monitors system configuration to ensure data integrity. Monitors and fine-tunes the system to achieve optimum performance levels. Conducts routine hardware and software audits. Provides recommendations for hardware and system software planning and budgeting. Develops and maintains a comprehensive operating system hardware and software configuration database/library of all supporting documentation. Installs patches and resolves software related problems. Analyzes and resolves problems associated with servers, hardware, and software. Troubleshoots networking and operating system problems.
Extensive experience with:
• RHEL 5, 6, 7
• SLES 11
• Veritas Storage Foundation
• Veritas Cluster Server
• Veritas Clustered Filesystem Working experience in:
• IT service management (ITSM)
• Information security management
• IT systems management
• Hardware infrastructure
• Software distribution
• System software infrastructure
• Release management
• Change control
• SAN environment
• Solutions focused, self-motivated, innovative
• Ability to learn new technologies quickly and efficiently
• Able and willing to take on leadership role
• Networking experience a plus
• Solaris 9, 10, 11
• AIX 6.1, 7
• Vintella (VAS)
• EMC SAN
• HP Server Automation (HPSA/Opsware)
• Agile methodology
• DevOps operations exposure
• Cloud Implementation exposure in support of proposed DevOps transformation to the next-generation of cloud based hosting architectures.
• Container Technologies (such as Docker or Vagrant) – Play a team role in the future design, automation, and implementation.
Qualification: The candidate should have a strong knowledge of Linux Red Hat. Familiarity with UNIX and Perl / Shell scripts from a System Administration perspective is preferred.
The individual must be able to take direction and execute tasks, work both supervised and unsupervised, be a self- starter, be well organized, and be able to multi-task. They must be able to troubleshoot and resolve a multitude of network and system issues with limited supervision.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology / related field, similar technical certification or 4 to 6 years industry experience.
Gtelecom Australian ISP is looking for Hyderabad office, networking professionals with good... experience, having very good command on English and technical capabilities. Need to work rotating roster. Very Competitive pay. Please send your resume.
Read full description