1. General Ledger Accounting
• Record expenditure based on project activities
• Record other payments not relating to projects
• Identify and record (pass) journal entries for accrued charges and prepayments (if required)
• Reverse year-end accruals after close of financial year
2. Cash Management and disbursements
• To properly account all the cash/cheque received
• To ensure the deposit of all cash/cheque in the respective bank accounts
• To maintain a separate cost code donorwise within the general ledger
• To ensure that all bills are properly verified and approved prior to payment
• Proper bank reconciliations are done prior preparation of cash flow
• To prepare the cheque for all creditors payments based on cash flow
• While preparation of cash flow, both the bank statement and allowable expense are to be considered
• All vouchers and supporting documentation are properly stamped “paid” before cheques are dispatched
• Proper documentation of all bills and its supporting
3. Assets Management
• Record opening balances of existing fixed assets in the asset register (either at cost for asset purchases or fair market value for asset donations
• Update the asset register for additions in the month of purchase or donation
• Record additions and disposals of fixed assets in the general ledger
• Where applicable, compute and record depreciation
4. Submission of monthly expenses details for preparation of UCs Report
5. To ensure the processing of payments within the prescribed schedule and as per Katha Guidelines
minimum B.Com having at least 2 years of experience in NGOs
Founded in 1988, Katha works in New Delhi's slums to... ensure that children receive high-quality education. Over the last 24 years, Katha (which means ‘story’ in Hindi) has developed a unique approach that uses a story-based pedagogy to increase children’s engagement in education and raise literacy levels in both Hindi and English. Katha Lab School is Katha's incubator for innovative ideas in children's education and teacher training. Katha works with schools and communities to take a creative approach to education that makes learning inspiring and interactive, for example through a focus on more stories and less textbooks, more projects and competitions and less exams.
The innovative methods that are developed and tested in Katha Lab School are also extended outside the school to reach a larger number of children through other Katha programs. For example, I Love Reading (ILR) is a literacy and school transformation program that aims to promote the joy of learning and improve attendance and attainment levels across all subjects. Katha has already successfully implemented I Love Reading in 50 Delhi Government schools and 122 slum communities, reaching over 130,000 children, and will expand this program into 75 additional Delhi Government schools this year.
• NASDAQ Stock Market Education Award.
• Stockholm Challenge Award Finalist .
• NGO Award for Transparency and Accountability , by Resource Alliance and Rockefeller Foundation
• Nominated for Astrid Lindren Memorial Award 2012.
• ICICI India Inclusive Award  Read full description