Senior Classification Analyst
• Research and determine the Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) classification for finished goods, equipment, raw materials, parts, non-production items etc.
• Analyzing product information to assign ECCN numbers.
• Reviewing client materials, technical materials, drawings, local customs decisions and other literature to classify the products
• Assist and communicate with client and global team to resolve HTS Classification related queries.
• Support on customer queries about classification and provide justification documents.
• Train other employees on classification and regulation issues.
• Minimum 4 – 7 years’ experience
• A background in International Trade
• Customs broker license and knowledge in customs clearance process or experience would be an advantage.
• Fluency in English. Other languages would be an asset.
• Technical degree or equivalent experience would be an asset.
• Ability to read/analyse regulations and procedures.
• Good knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Access).
• Excellent analytical, problem-solving skills.
• Working in a virtual global team.
• Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work independently, without direct supervision.
• Honesty, confidentiality, Strong initiative and positive attitude.
• Minimum/occasional travel required.
CATTS uses over 30 years of hands-on experience in international commerce, customs and... trade compliance to deliver practical and reliable advisory services for the right price. We have backgrounds with multinationals and government authorities, for which we have successfully delivered projects around the globe. We partner with global experts and best-in-class software - and service providers to offer you a complete package with excellent value. With our network stretching the globe, we are able to offer trade advisory services without boundaries. We understand local practices, have local language capabilities and can offer unrivalled expertise.
CATTS is a member of the TTA Group, a group of professors, consultants and industry experts. This combination allows us to cover 47 countries and have the ability to provide Trade Compliance knowledge in another 100+ countries. Read full description
- Last updated:
- Job type:
- Full time
- Position type:
- Minimum experience:
- Between three and five years
Jobs in Consulting / Strategy / Corporate Planning
Jobs in Import-Export / Merchandising / Trading
Jobs in Logistics / Purchase / Supply Chain / Procurement