We are looking for an experienced senior accountant to oversee general accounting operations by controlling and verifying our financial transactions.
Senior accountant responsibilities include reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining general ledger and preparing month-end close procedures. A successful senior accountant combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports and forecasts. The ideal candidate has also experience collaborating and/or managing a team of accountants and junior accountants.
Senior accountant duties also include ensuring accuracy and effectiveness in all of our accounting tasks.
• Verify, allocate, post and reconcile accounts payable and receivable
• Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results
• Analyze financial information and summarize financial status
• Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending
• Provide technical support and advice on Management accountant
• Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures
• Manage accounting assistants and bookkeepers
• Participate in financial standards setting and in forecast process
• Provide input into department’s goal setting process
• Prepare financial statements and produce budget according to schedule
• Assist with tax audits and tax returns
• Direct internal and external audits to ensure compliance
• Plan, assign and review staff’s work
• Support month-end and year-end close process
• Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
• Ensure compliance with GAAP principles
• Liaise with our Financial manager and Accounting manager to improve financial procedures
• Proven experience as a financial controller, accounting supervisor, chief or senior accountant
• Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures
• In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
• Awareness of business trends
• Familiarity with financial accounting statements
• Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
• Hands-on experience with accounting software packages, like FreshBooks and QuickBooks
• Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
• BS degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant
• Relevant certification (e.g. CMA or CPA) will be preferred
Location : Santacruz (W)
Salary : 30k-35k
Note : Preferred only Male Candidate
Geeta Textile, Fabric Imports was founded in 2002 by Yash Gangwani &... Hetan Gangwani after extensive professional experience in the textile wholesale industry for over 10 years.
We are direct importers/wholesalers of fine fabrics with a wide inventory of in - stock fabrics many that are available for immediate shipment.
We are a well positioned and respected company in the industry. We have access to a vast network of suppliers and inventory that enables us to get virtually any fabric you need in stock for immediate delivery.
Our Head office is located in the “Hi-Life Mall, Santacruz west, Mumbai” & our branches in Kolkata, Delhi, Tirpur. You're welcome to stop by at Monday – Saturady to visit our office. An appointment is not needed but is recommended to ensure that someone is available to work with you to understand your needs and show you our full line.
Most of our fabrics are in stock and available for immediate delivery. When this is not possible, we will do our best to provide an accurate delivery date. We offer next day and second day air via UPS when time is of the essence.
We specialize in a wide range of knitted and woven fabrics as well as many basic solid and printed polyester fabrics.
Our customer base includes manufacturers of women's clothing for Eveningwear / Prom / Bridal / Sportswear / Junior / Missy /Contemporary as well as over the counter fabric stores, party coordinators, florists, event planners, decorators and jobbers /distributors globally.
Read full description