We're running an Online Hiring this Saturday to hire SaaSOps Chief Architects ($100K/yr).
Online Hiring Events are live forums designed to enable you to understand the role and requirements through an interactive Q&A session followed by a self-directed testing process. The testing takes between 3-5 hours to complete. It’s worth taking the time to finish all the tests because we evaluate every single complete application to find the top talent.
This event will include all testing required to apply for the role. Upon grading the tests, and if you advance, we will set up an interview with the hiring manager.
As a SaaSOps Chief Architect, you will be in charge of migrating products to the Cloud, creating automated build and deploy pipelines, improving product architecture to make it more secure and resilient and improve its overall operational agility.
As the owner for the infrastructure architecture and operations, it’s your responsibility to ensure the availability, uptime, cost optimization, and overall quality of the product match the business requirements. You will be the driver of cost and quality optimizations throughout the organization.
We are seeking for hands-on professionals who are comfortable reverse-engineering legacy products with manual build/deploy processes, ancient dependencies, fragile architecture, weak security and lack of scalability and performance.
- Deep dive on all outages and perform root cause analysis to improve the uptime.
- Leveraging the change management process.
- Drive continuous product improvement.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- 8+ years of experience in hands-on system administration
- 2+ years experience of leading or mentoring other more junior SREs/devops/system administrators
- 1+ year experience in SaaS Ops/Tech Ops/Infrastructure Ops/DevOps
- Experienced in one or more virtualization technologies: AWS EC2, Google Cloud Instances, Azure VMs, Docker, Kubernetes or VMware
- Experienced with declarative configuration management and provisioning tools like Ansible, Puppet or Chef
- Proficient in modern architecture stacks, SOA, relational and no-sql DBs, stateless API, caching systems, etc
- Has experience with monitoring tools such as New Relic, Nagios, Zabbix, PagerDuty
- Key open source contributor to Docker or other infrastructure as code projects will be considered a plus
- Excellent understanding of current enterprise software technologies and development practices/tools, including virtualization, source control, build and test automation, code quality automation technologies
- Has a “roll up the sleeves and get it done” attitude
- Demonstrated success as a problem solver, result-oriented, self-starter
- Comfortable “working virtually” with teammates and customers around the world
- Good proficiency in the English language
To be considered for this position you are required to take part in a mandatory training series and tests included in our 4-week Bootcamp program.
After grading your tests, you will be eligible to take the Bootcamp which is usually held within a week of obtaining your test results. You will be paid the full-time rate for 40 hours per week for four weeks.
Once the Bootcamp tests are complete, we will be able to evaluate you for the position correctly. Bootcamp is a very tough training program, and only an average of 50% of attendees can finish it. Taking the Bootcamp doesn’t guarantee that you will be hired, but it is a requirement as part of the hiring process.
Join our community of remote professionals!
We have over 4,000 Crossover team members and are growing our network around the world.
Crossover is redefining the way people work. Brick and mortar offices are history. The... future of our global workforce will be built from teams collaborating from every corner of the world. We have embarked on an expedition to find and engage with that talent. Crossover has developed a unique method of finding, curating, and managing remote contractors. Our platform connects customers to the worlds best talent for both technical and non-technical employment. But we don’t just find the best, we also provide the tools, training, and relationship building support to ensure success for long term growth. Read full description