• Attend any meetings on behalf of the HR Manager/ Officer.
• Assists with the organisation of the staff social events.
• Coordinating Hotel Associate events and activities.
• Compiling payroll / Absence data.
• Assist and resolve hotel staff and management queries.
• Updating salary and benefits information.
• . Developing job descriptions, short listing, interviewing and selecting candidates
• preparing personal files of the colleagues.
• Developing policies on issues such as working conditions, performance
• management, equal opportunities, disciplinary procedures and absence
• Helps employees identify specific behaviors that will contribute to service
• Responsible for the on the job orientation for new hires.
• Manage HR administration such as starters and leavers process.
• Ensure up to date and accurate information is fed into the Human Resources
• Assist with employee relation issues in the hotel in a confidential manner, including disciplinarians, grievance and capability.
• Ensure recruitment and selection process is adhered to and that all the relevant immigration checks are carried out correctly.
• Manage HR administration such as contracts, letters and personnel files.
• Full usage of HR System including running of Payroll, Change of Status Requests and other amendments as required that are for HRD Approval.
• Maintenance of HR email account and ensures prompt response.
• Analyze staff turnover and sick leave with the aim of implementing strategies for reduction.
• Assists the HR manager in Budget preparation where required and is fully aware of all Budgeted Positions and hiring approvals.
• Establish and maintain a group of contacts with Hospitality Colleges to set up a system for entry-level employment.
• Full coordination of employment residence visa, renewals, visa medicals and termination of employment along with the PRO team.
• Ensure compliance with all HR legislation and keep up to date with changes to local authorities.
• Provide staff counselling, guidance, career planning, and oversee disciplinary matters up to and including dismissal and oversee any Grievance Complaints made as required.
• Supporting the hotel with departmental training requirements including inductions, work experience, careers fairs, and training materials.
• Ensures confidentiality is maintained at all times, and provides information only to those with a need to know.
• To know and follow the Health & Safety at Work Act and comply with the hotel’s Health & Safety policy.
Candidate must be MBA in Human Resource or equivalent.
Candidate must have good experience of 3-5 yrs in HR.
Candidate from Kolkata will be only preferable.
Only male candidate can apply for the above position.
The Polo Towers Group is a pioneering hospitality group with interest in Hotels, Food and... beverage and fast moving consumer goods. The Polo Towers Group Pvt Ltd has been set up by Mr. Kishan Tibrewalla (Chairman and Managing Director).
Correctly identifying a Gap in North-Eastern market he set up Shillong’s first and only 4-star hotel, Hotel Polo Towers in 1991. The group under his leadership has conceptualised, developed and operated 5 hotels. It also operates 20 food and beverage outlets.
The group currently runs a 4-star hotel in Shillong, a luxury resort in Cherrapunjee both in the picturesque state of Meghalaya in North-Eastern India, a luxury hotel in Tura and one Polo Max Hotel in Allahabad and one more Polo Max Hotel at Jabalpur. Further hotels are due to open by 2018.
The group has also signed Master franchise agreements with Great American Cookies and Forever Yogurt for India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Myanmar, Nepal and Bhutan under Polo Foods. The group also operates two popular cafes in Shillong - Dylans Cafe and ML 05 Cafe.
Polo Towers Group of Hotels represents a collection of distinct, upscale hotels known for their contemporary comforts and signature hospitality throughout India. Offering an elegant and welcoming ambiance, the best and most sought-after experiences of good living, charm, elegance and service - each hotel celebrates its own signature hospitality enriched by classy styling and state-of-the-art facilities Read full description