About – iTeach Fellowship:
iTeach Fellowship is India's first teaching fellowship, exclusively for NEW TEACHERS . It is a full time, on the job, FREE 1 year teaching skill development program for aspiring teachers. We place the teachers as our Fellows in high need Private Affordable English Medium schools (typically catering to students from low income backgrounds) and provide them with professional development, rewards and recognition and career growth opportunities while they are working as a Full time teacher for the school. Our mantra is simple - we want to create better & happier teachers. Founded in 2014 in Pune, we are now in our 3rd year of operations, looking to expand our reach to 100 Fellows across 75 schools in Pune.
Who is a Recruitment Executive?
iTeach is looking for exceptional, driven candidate to grow with us in the area of Teacher Recruitment. The Recruitment Executive will be responsible for ensuring that an ambitious number of candidates are ready to begin the Fellowship. This will include Designing and delivering the pitches (high touch as well as online) to drive teacher applications for the iTeach Fellowship. The Job will revolve around creating the pipeline of teachers to sign up for our Fellowship. He/ She will be responsible for screening, scheduling, interviewing, short-listing and selection of fresh B.Ed graduates OR non B.Ed graduates with (relevant teaching work experience).
Ultimately, the Recruitment Executive ensures that the Teachers with the best minds and best hearts join our Fellowship. At its soul, the role revolves around changing mindsets of Teaching graduates or Fresh Teachers with 1-3 years of experience in this country and, as such, presents tremendous opportunity to them to be a Professional Teacher , build Teaching Skills and believe that Teaching Rocks in a fast-paced, results-driven, and challenging team.
- Reach out to maximum (fresh or experienced) teachers in the region through telephonic conversations on everyday basis by using databases, online applications, social networking sites etc.
- Assesses applicants relevant knowledge, skills, experience and expectations through initial screening process
- Collect referrals, prospect teachers who are not in the job or willing to make a profile change from other sectors.
- Assist Recruitment Manager in all Fellow recruitment activities.
- 60% of work time would involve meeting stakeholders in the education space.
- Maintain city wide current teacher education college databases of aspiring teachers
- Tracking & maintaining application database and following up with the most deserving candidates
- Act as a coordinator during the recruitment & selection process
- A good Listener and clear communicator
- Confidence and Target Driven
- Ability of cultivate and build Relationships
- Consultative in nature and Strong follow up skills
Competencies and Abilities:
- Excellent spoken English
- Strong on resourcefulness
- Highest attention to detail and quality of finish
- Is organized and is able to deliver under pressure
Values and Mindsets:
- Self achiever and work on deadlines
- Continually Self Improve
- Great organizer. On top of all issues, always.
Education & Experience: A graduate or post graduate. Relevant knowledge & work experience in recruitment would be preferred.
iTeach Fellowship has 3 key focus areas – recruitment, training and retention. For... recruitment, we conduct campus drives at teacher education colleges, followed by a selection process based on the most relevant competencies required for strong teaching. We refine this selection process based on research, our own internal data and inputs from school principals. Post selection, our program team takes over starting with a 3 week intense pre-service induction. This induction lays the foundation for a strong culture, and starts addressing the largest teacher skill gaps. Next the teachers start in school, with constant hands-on coaching and regular skill building workshops. As the year progresses, the majority of training moves online, allowing us to reach many teachers at low cost. The year is also punctuated with learning circles and retreats, along with a rewards and recognition program to keeps teachers motivated. At the end of the academic year we transfer the teacher from iTeach to the school itself. Read full description