QA Engineer - $2500/month - Remote Work
We're running an Online Hiring Event this Saturday to hire QA Engineers ($30K/yr)
Online Hiring Events are live forums designed to enable you to understand the role and requirements through an interactive Q&A session followed by a self-directed testing process. The testing takes between 3-5 hours to complete. It’s worth taking the time to finish all the tests because we evaluate every single complete application to find the top talent.
This event will include all testing required to apply for the role. Upon grading the tests, and if you advance, we will set up an interview with the hiring manager.
Our QA Software Engineers are expected to perform thorough testing activity regimens for multiple products and technologies.
Your daily activities will include setting up the test environments, writing automated test automation scripts, and performing manual tests if necessary.
As a QA Engineer, you will be part of a team responsible for ensuring the highest quality of our products by using the latest technologies and toolsets
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related fields
- 2+ years of QA experience – automated testing, test case documentation and test cases automation
- 2+ years of hands-on software development experience in Java, C# or NodeJS – understand the current software development practices and tools, including virtual environments, source control, remote development, issue tracking, product build and installation
- Experience in transforming use cases into automated tests using multiple test automation tools like Selenium, Protractor, RestAssured, CodedUI and Appium
- Solid understanding of QA processes, best practices, testing techniques and methodologies
- Be knowledgeable about HTML, DOM, API
- Excellent analytical, debugging, problem-solving and root-cause analysis skills
- Team player, methodical, pragmatic, self-starter, process-driven and results oriented
- Comfortable “working virtually” with teammates and customers around the world - we do a lot of Skype and video conferencing
- Good proficiency in the English language
Nice to have:
• Hands-on performance test engineering experience
• Hands-on experience profiling web pages
• Understanding of browsers; how they work, and debugging tools
• Experience in transforming use cases into performance scripts using industry standard tools such as LoadRunner, JMeter and Gatling
• Experience using industry standard APM tools such as NewRelic, AppyDynamics, DynaTrace
- Node.js (if you have experience with Protractor)
- .NET Core SDK v2.0+ (if you have experience with Selenium using C#)
- ChromeDriver, JDK 8+ (if you have experience with Selenium using Java)
- Chrome Browser
- Any IDE or text editor
- Apache JMeter 3+ (if you have experience in Performance Testing)
To be considered for this position you are required to take part in a mandatory training series and tests included in our 4-week Bootcamp program.
After grading your tests, you will be eligible to take the Bootcamp which is usually held within a week of obtaining your test results. You will be paid the full-time rate for 40 hours per week for four weeks.
Once the Bootcamp tests are complete, we will be able to evaluate you for the position correctly. Bootcamp is a very tough training program, and only an average of 50% of attendees can finish it. Taking the Bootcamp doesn’t guarantee that you will be hired, but it is a requirement as part of the hiring process.
Crossover is redefining the way people work. Brick and mortar offices are history. The future... of our global workforce will be built from teams collaborating from every corner of the world. We have embarked on an expedition to find and engage with that talent. Crossover has developed a unique method of finding, curating, and managing remote contractors. Our platform connects customers to the worlds best talent for both technical and non-technical employment. But we don’t just find the best, we also provide the tools, training, and relationship building support to ensure success for long term growth. Read full description
- Last updated:
- Job type:
- Full time
- Position type:
- Freelance / Self-employed
- Minimum experience:
- Two years
- Compulsory Education
Jobs in IT - Software Programming / Analysis
Jobs in IT - Systems / Networking / Security
Jobs in Quality / Testing / Process Control