- An engineer in this role is expected to design, build, deploy, and manage systems from scratch. You will wear multiple hats of architect, tester or debugger everyone is expected to build systems from scratch. This means that you will need to learn, ideate and innovate on various layers across the stack and that comes with a tremendous amount of learning
- Write code that contributes to Shipmnt's core product
- Building state machine models with smart workflow engines
- Building a documentation system that enables massive amount of automation for this industry
- Building an ocean and air logistics quoting and booking engine
- Integrating freight partners, trade experts & their service portfolios into our platform
- Developing tools for analytics around global trade, supply chain, freight partners...
- Help build scalable programs that standardize information flow and increase operational capacity
- Be part of a close-knit engineering team that ships new code every day
What you'll need:
- Demonstrated experience in developing scalable backend services and implementing web applications - instead of looking at your experience in number of years we dig into your past work to find indicators of a level of competency and maturity signaling somebody with 3+ years of experience and experimentation (needless to say your work portfolio matters a lot to us)
- A product-first approach to building software. You care about the real world functionality of your programming
- Master of the language and platform of your own choosing. We try not to enforce language/platform selection. So whatever you know, you must know it in and out!
- Experience in a fast-paced work environment & a bias for action. You ship quality code quickly
What you'll get :
- The opportunity to define the engineering culture of a small team
- Founding engineer level equity
- Product ownership - take autonomy over core products & product features
- Design & write software to help manage and automate the complexity of a multi trillion dollar industry - "global trade"
What you are:
- Calm under pressure, have a great work ethic and communicate well
- Self aware and always pushing for a higher standard. Always proactive, open to new ideas and feedback (that last part is very important as we work on rapid agile cycles so being able to process feedback is critical)
- Anti fragile: with every failure you become stronger and better.
- Detail oriented and absolutely intolerant to compromise or sub-optimal shortcuts
- Problem solver with a global mindset
Our Stack (we are not limited to this as we love to experiment):
- Ruby on Rails
- React.js, Redux, React-Native
- Semantic UI
- Google Cloud Vision APIs
- Phantom.js, Nokogiri...
- Amazon S3, EC2, CloudFront
- R, Python
- Bots EDI..
Cross Roads India Assistance, India’s first and largest road side repair assistance service... provider. Established in 1999, we have by our side 13 years of ground fleet management experience. We attend to over 1100 road side repairs every day and had so far handled over 1.5 Mn road side repairs. We are also recognised as a critical service provider under social security category hence we have been allotted with a four digit number 1922 for the safety of the general motorist. Read full description