1. Budgetary control - Collect and rationalise data, propose budget, monitor actual expenses against the budget allocation and device control measures to keep expenses within budget in the areas of sourcing, marketing and sales. Ensure execution of business plan with the approved cost structure.
2. Financial Evaluation & Analysis - Undertake financial evaluations on Capex, NPD, EPD, and other initiatives, assess feasibility of such investment and its impact on the business output
3. Cost control - purchase price review: Review of conversion cost, submit report on variance to management/business head, recommend changes in purchase price.
4. Credit control - Monitor credit standards implementation and adherence in sales, identify deviations if any suggest improvement plans, establish close monitoring over the credit transactions
5. Selling cost - Continuously review and ensure optimisation of selling cost
6. SKU rationalisation - Analyse existing SKUs, identify non performing SKUs, suggest alternatives ensure profitable SKUs remain
7. Process orientation - Review existing SOPs/processes, design and approval of new processes and standardise the operating procedure across the company
8. Price analysis - Analyse the pricing strategy, prepare pricing plan in line with the cost structure
9. Control and monitor Gross Margin - Analyse existing GMs of all products/brands, monitor impact of policies, suggest alternatives for maintaining/increasing GM, ensure agreed performance standards are met
10. Manage Squeeze program - Understand impact of squeeze program, provide report on impact and outcome, seek approval, monitor progress, provide updates to increase GM/profitability
11. Manage NWC for divisions - Compare target NWC with actual and put forward improvement plans, keep NWC at optimal level
12. Cash flow - Critically analyse and manage cash flow for the division, monthly review variance
13. Sourcing strategy - Conduct and recommend action on feasibility of various business opportunities as and when required
Cross Roads India Assistance, India’s first and largest road side repair assistance service... provider. Established in 1999, we have by our side 13 years of ground fleet management experience. We attend to over 1100 road side repairs every day and had so far handled over 1.5 Mn road side repairs. We are also recognised as a critical service provider under social security category hence we have been allotted with a four digit number 1922 for the safety of the general motorist. Read full description