This role directs the timely delivery of complex high quality, value added assurance and audit reports for a portfolio of business activities, which meet the requirements of the Boards of bank, their affiliates and of Bank's respective regulators, globally.
Bank's Model Risk Governance organization is responsible for the management of model risk across the firm. The Model Risk Management framework provides an independent set of controls over the key risks that are associated with the use of models for the purposes of Bank's key businesses, including the Institutional Clients Group and the Global Consumer businesses. This control framework includes various aspects of model risk management such as model governance, inventory, documentation, validation and use.
The Global Model Risk IA team has a mandate to provide a comprehensive program of audit coverage for the firm's model risk management framework and related controls across all lines of business. As a member of this team, the individual will help to design and implement the model risk audit methodology. The individual will also be responsible for the development and delivery of a risk based IA plan that is executed in accordance with the department's policies and procedures. To successfully deliver this plan, the candidate will need to partner with the department's business, product and technology audit teams as well as their respective business leaders.
- Develops and executes a robust Audit Plan, by reviewable entity, for assigned businesses in accordance with Internal Audit standards, relevant government statutes and regulations and Bank policies
- Delivers on time high quality audit reports, Internal Audit and Regulatory issue validation and (where appropriate, branch examinations, as well as business monitoring and governance committee reporting
- Directs complex audit activities for a component of a product line, function, or legal entity at the regional or country level including a portion of the audit annual plan
- Applies comprehensive expertise in one or more of the corporation's businesses and leverages this knowledge into a leadership role in one or more teams
- Proactively advances integrated auditing concepts and use of technology. Closely follows latest trends in own field and adapts them for application within own job and the business
- Manages a complex and critical unit within Internal Audit, including a medium sized team of Internal Audit professionals. Recruits staff, develops talent, builds effective teams, and manages a budget
- Possesses a broad and comprehensive understanding of different Internal Audit standards, policies and local regulations; applies a broad and comprehensive knowledge of high risk areas including: Consumer or Investment Banking, technology management; project/program management; regulatory compliance or supplier management
- Leads the professional development of Internal Audit staff
- Develops effective senior line management relationships and has a strong understanding of the businesses
- Applies an in-depth understanding of the inter-relationships of business and support units throughout the corporation and how they impact the overall control environment and the audit approach
- Uses excellent communication skills in order to influence a wide range of internal audiences including respective product, function, or regional executive management partners. May negotiate internally often at higher levels on matters which will have a major impact on the area managed
- Demonstrates strong judgement, political astuteness, and sensitivity to cultural diversity
- Possesses strong project management and interpersonal skills, makes sound decisions, exhibiting initiative and intuitive thinking. Consulted often by others for advice and opinions and recognized as a leadership role model
- Participates in major business initiatives and pro-actively advises and assists the business on change initiatives
- Frequently involved in matters that require complex judgments and solutions based on sophisticated analytical thought such as identifying solutions for a variety of complex and novel audit control issues
- Analyzes reporting findings; Recommends appropriate interventions where needed
- Proposes creative and pragmatic solutions for risk and control problems
- Partners with Directors and Managing Directors to develop approaches for addressing broader corporate emerging issues
- Serves as lead reviewer for all types of reviews, including the most complex
- Reviews and approves Business Monitoring Quarterly Summaries
Qualifications and Competencies:
- PhD, MSc or equivalent in Finance, Mathematics, Economics or other relevant quantitative science
- Senior level experience in the in the development of advanced credit risk capital, stress testing and loss forecasting models for banking products, wholesale credit or retail credit portfolios
- Senior level experience in a related role with experience in business, functional and people management, with proven abilities in taking responsibility for executing concurrently on a portfolio of high quality deliverables to stakeholders according to strict timetables
BLACK TURTLE is a premier talent management consultancy firm. The Indian arm was established... in the year 2000. Since then the unit has grown manifold and is ranked among the Top 10 across various services and functions.
BLACK TURTLE offers a wide range of services spread across various industries and functions. These services range from executive recruitment to consultancy in devising HR policies to attract and retain the best talent. It includes servicing niche recruitment needs to RPO. We offer multiple solutions under one roof.
Read full description