Manager - Actuarial - Insurance (3-8 yrs)
- The Incumbent will be responsible for executing projects in the Actuarial space
- Provide clear and helpful actuarial advice and support to the clients on various engagements. The principal responsibility under this role is for all actuarial aspects related to the assignment to which the successful candidate is allocated. Many a times the engagement is usually accomplished by actuarial team working together with assurance team, information technology team, performance improvement team etc.
- We are looking for Actuaries with varying experience in the Indian insurance market. The job grade of the successful candidates for this role will depend on their respective qualities and experience. The typical responsibilities of the role include
- Play a full and proactive role within a multi-disciplinary team in supporting the various client engagements which may span across appraisal valuation, embedded value, product development, statutory reporting, economic capital etc.
- Build appropriate Excel / Prophet model for the above mentioned projects allowing for client product features and relevant regulations
- Develop an effective working relationship with key contacts within firms through clear communication and by providing constructive, robust and timely challenge
- Lend support on strands of research and Specialisms work (e.g. solvency II updates) work aimed at providing key insights to help our clients / consultants
- As part of the team, provide consistent high quality technical challenge in identifying and helping to resolve technical issues faced by other team members
- Develop cutting edge proposals for winning new and different clients /engagements
- Work closely with the team to develop consistent standards and best practice
- Sharing knowledge in a timely and effective way by submitting regularly to the knowledge database
- Contribute to wider opportunities within company and to raising its profile externally e.g. taking an active role in writing articles for The Actuary
Which Essential & Desirable skills are required :
- Develop and maintain deep technical knowledge in Prophet and Excel modelling skills
- Develop and maintain latest developments in Prophet/Excel and various modelling techniques
- Present internally and externally on areas of technical specialist knowledge
- Develop reports and presentations for the client
Good technical understanding of at least one of the following areas :
- Economic Capital
- MCEV/ EV
- MCEV challenge to managers and colleagues
- Statutory Valuation/ Accounting reporting
People skills :
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to put across complex technical issues and solutions to non-actuaries.
- Good team player.
- Proven ability to balance priorities and manage a large number of competing demands to agreed deadlines and to the required level of quality.
- Ability to give/receive constructive feedback
- Self-motivated, uses own initiative and is outcome-focused.
- Dealing constructively with uncertainty and ambiguity.
- Good working knowledge of the relevant actuarial concepts and methodologies
- Good knowledge of regulations (IRDA/IAI/IoA)
We are vCentric, an International Information Technology Services and Technology... Consulting Company known for our deep industry experience and high customer satisfaction. We collaborate with clients in various industry sectors to solve their most pressing challenges from strategy through execution. Our employees provide strategic consulting, applications services, technology solutions and managed services to top companies and medium-sized businesses around the world.
Our mission is to work with clients to create innovative and practical management and technology solutions that help our clients get sustainable results. Our service offerings are designed to help our clients generate revenue, increase cost-effectiveness, manage regulatory compliance, integrate information and transition to “next-generation” technology.
We earn recognition for our client service from leading analysts but are proudest of our high customer satisfaction scores. Clients depend on us to deliver the energy and innovation of new thinking for a changing world. Read full description