The Account Operating Unit within Reference Data Technology has been formed since the start of 2013 with an exciting, aggressive and challenging remit. The team has been tasked with defining and implementing a
Account solution and associated services across creation, capture, storage, retention, search and retrieval of legal documents firm-wide. Account additionally provides generic solutions for content management; storage and retrieval of structured and unstructured data; supporting multiple lines of business, allowing for timely, consolidated, consistent and accurate identification and consumption of documents and relevant content by authorized internal and external parties.
With the Applications developer role we are looking for an individual who will be responsible for the delivery of an integrated end-to-end with the following functions:
Facilitate business process re-engineering.
Provide high quality technology solutions that address business needs by developing applications within mature technology environments. Utilize mature (3rd or 4th Generation) programming methodologies and languages and adhere to coding standards, procedures and techniques while contributing to the technical code documentation.
Participate in project planning sessions with project managers, business analysts and team members to analyze business requirements and outline the proposed IT solution.
Participate in design reviews and provide input to the design recommendations; incorporate security requirements into design; and provide input to information/data flow, and understand and comply to Project Life Cycle Methodology in all planning steps. Adhere to IT Control Policies throughout design, development and testing and incorporate Corporate Architectural Standards into application design specifications. Additionally, document the detailed application specifications, translate technical requirements into programmed application modules and develop/Enhance software application modules.
Participate in code reviews and ensure that all solutions are aligned to pre-defined architectural specifications; identify/troubleshoot application code-related issues; and review and provide feedback to the final user documentation.
Support production environments.
- Strong Software Engineering background in Core Java/Java EE technology stack.
- Strong coding, testing and debugging skills, experience with unit testing.
- Hands on experience of Spring/Hibernate and various Apache libraries.
- Working knowledge of Oracle RDMBS and NoSQL databases, MarkLogic preferred.
- Good understanding of Linux environment and shell scripting.
- Solid experience with Ant/Maven or similar build technologies.
- Good understanding of SDLC, Change Management, Release Management and Incident Management processes.
- Experience of working in Agile/SCRUM/Kanban development environments.
- Self-motivated, with strong delivery focused attitude and ability to work independently and as part of a globally distributed
- Excellent multi-tasking ability.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exposure to Git, maven, concordian/fitnesse, crucible, sonar and JIRA desirable.
JPMorgan Chase (NYSE: JPM) is one of the oldest financial institutions in the United... States. With a history dating back over 200 years, here's where we stand today:
We are a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.4 trillion.
We operate in more than 60 countries.
We have 260,000 employees.
We serve millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients.
We are a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity.
Our stock is a component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average. Read full description