* Ability to work in a fast-paced, high growth environment; excited about working in a start-up environment with the backing and infrastructure of a well-established industry leader
* Excited about team building and mentoring junior colleagues
* Strong communication skills will be important; ability to analyze and summarize complex information both verbally and in writing with colleagues in the United States
* Open-minded about occasional business travel to the United States (Los Angeles)
* Ability to assist in managing several third-party relationships (outside administrators; custodians)
* Strong problem-solving and analytical skills; ability to multi-task and manage various deadlines
* Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills; attention to detail and timelines required
* Strong knowledge of accounting, generally accepted accounting principles and financial reporting is required
* Knowledge of private equity structures, fixed income securities, debt instruments, alternative investments, securitization, or other investment products preferred
* Experience with certain systems (Advent Geneva; Investran; Black Mountain) experience a plus; requires day to day use of Excel (with advanced skills in Excel being a plus)
* Big-4 public accounting experience Mandate
* Approximately 10-12 years of relevant work experience
* Bachelors' degree in related field (Finance, Accounting or Economics) from accredited institution
* Chartered Accountant or CPA license Mandate
Primary functions and essential responsibilities
* Build and supervise a new small team focused on Fund Accounting, initially supporting the firms' Private Equity and Special Opportunities / Special Situations businesses.
* Provide overall direction to accounting staff to assure synchronized teamwork that accomplishes monthly, quarterly and annual financial and operational goals & objectives.
* Ensure process and procedures are adequate to meet quality standards and are consistently applied and regularly reviewed.
* Work with and liaise with internal resources (primarily colleagues in the U.S.), offshoring resources, external fund administrators, and external auditors to meet all monthly, quarterly and annual reporting deadlines.
* Manage monthly and quarterly close processes, including review work of accounting staff, along with producing original workpapers and analyses.
* Review of quarterly and annual GAAP financial statements and footnote disclosures for multiple funds as well as capital account summaries for limited partners.
* Review calculation of management fees and complex waterfall calculations.
* Review cash flow projections and daily cash management, including activity on credit lines, expected settlement timing of purchases and sales, and timing of capital calls and capital distributions.
* Monitor compliance with the Fund's Limited Partnership Agreements and credit facilities, including the preparation or review of compliance reporting.
* Prepare and assist with ad-hoc limited partner reporting, analyst and front-office requests.
* Assist with preparation of information provided to tax team for quarterly tax estimates and annual returns.
* Review and approval of expense activity and authorization of bank wires.
Vanguard Human Resource Consultants is a joint effort of a team of professionals with over 2... decade of corporate experience - in marketing , HR and executive search.
We have earned the respect and trust of clients - from startups to multinationals. We have built capabilities to complete challenging, specialized assignments. . .
In depth industry knowledge and personal attention enables our clients to place immense trust in us - as the preferred HR consultants.
Our principals maintain a high degree of personal involvement throughout the consulting process. Working in close partnership with our clients, we serve as an extension of the client organization.
Our team specializes in Recruitment & Selections, Search, Organizational Behavior, Labor Law, Applied Psychology.
Our Consulting Philosophy. . .
We take into cognizance our client’s business design and strategy while offering customized human resources solutions. In the consulting process, the client is an active participant and decision maker. Our endeavor is to supplement internal capabilities and add value. Read full description