ETL Architect Job Summary
Leads, Develops, maintains, and integrates processes which extract data from standardized or varied data sources; transforms data for storing in proper formats and structures for querying and analysis; loads data into target data structures, Operational data store (ODS), data mart, or data warehouse; Participates on a project team working closely with internal and external clients, business analysts and other team members to ensure that the end to end designs meet the business and data requirements; guide team in unit testing, implementation of solution, and continuous maintenance and support of existing solutions.
ETL Architect Principal Duties & Responsibilities :
- Exercises independent decision making to creates processes which initiate the ETL or Batch cycle; guide design in developing streaming processes for extracted data loading to destination database, including on-the-fly processing where extract and transformation phase to no go to persistent storage; Performs data profiling of source data in order to identify data quality issues and anomalies, business knowledge embedded in data; natural keys, and meta data information
- Guide/design in creating data validation rule on source data to confirm the data has correct and/or expected values; Explore alternate workflow steps or reports back to the source for further analysis and correction of incorrect record(s) when validation rules are not passed
- Design/guide team in creating and applying data validation step process in order to perform partial, full or no record's rejection; Design processes which handle exceptions and/or move records exceptions to alternate Transform step(s)
- Design process cleanup after complex ETL processes which release resources used to run ETL; Design processes to archive data
- Participates in project collaboration meeting with clients, business analysts, and team members in order to analyze and clarify business requirements; Translates business requirements into detailed technical specifications
- Works with project teams to define and design scope for each project; Creates unit test cases to ensure the application meets the needs of the business
- Ensures proper configuration management and change controls are implemented; Provides technical assistance and cross training to other team members
- Designs and implements technology best practices, guidelines and repeatable processes; Prepares and presents status updates on various projects.
ETL Architect Education & Experience :
- Bachelor's degree in programming/systems or computer science (preferred), specialized training, certification, and at least ten years of programming experience with ETL tools
- Requires experience and understanding of multiple programming languages and applicable applications including SQL and ETL.
ETL Architect Job Knowledge & Skills
- SQL & Relational Databases
- ETL Techniques
- Data Modeling
- Data Warehousing/Business Intelligence
- Meta Data Repository
- RDBMS - Oracle/MS SQL/Teradata
Leading in HR consultancy