- End user support which would include both hardware and software troubleshooting for
workstations (Desktops/MAC), basic network issues, and related application support.
- Installation and configuration of Desktop operating systems along with Troubleshooting and
preventative maintenance procedures.
- Health-check exercise: like Anti-virus, MS-Patch & other basic Desktop Compliance procedure
enforcement & adherence.
- Focus should be emphasized on providing professional, effective and user friendly approach to
solving end user issues.
- Provide Face of IT when dealing with End users by explaining the processes, helping to follow
up the procedures, and enforcing the IT policies
- The person should be able to work independently and without supervision.
- The person must have an analytical nature in order to determine the underlying reason for a
- Be able to function under pressure and be self-motivated.
- Support multiple users in a timely and efficient manner, following Timely escalation
- Team player & able to orient effectively with Global teams & end users.
- Good communication skills both Verbal & written, as to correspond with Business users
- Ready to work in 24*7*365 days environment with flexible, adaptive attitude.
Good knowledge on Desktop Support
Good communication skills ( written and spoken)
Good knowledge of Microsoft Windows platform
- Minimum of 1year experience in a Desktop support role in a multi-platform environment.
- Should be minimum a Graduate; Engineering or Diploma in IT related stream would be
- Basic Computer Hardware awareness; any related professional courses on same Proficiency
would be an added advantage.
- Microsoft certification (MCSE/MCP) would be an added advantage.
- Basic hands-on/administration experience on Microsoft windows platform (XP, Win7, 2Kx etc.),
MAC and other related Office automation applications (MS Office, Outlook etc.)
- Basic Networking (TCP/IP, DNS, routing, subnetting) awareness.
- Basic Voice (CISCO/AVAYA/PSTN) platform related awareness.
- Knowledge of Travel applications like SABRE, Amadeus etc. would be an added advantage.
- Basis ITIL awareness & working knowledge in Service Desk/Helpdesk environment would be an
- Provide overall technical 1 st hand support to users in the following areas: Desktops, Laptops,
Network, Printers etc.
FAREPORTAL's success, as the most innovative travel technology company, is a... result of talented employees who think outside the box. We continue to look for talented individuals who want to excel in their areas of expertise. FAREPORTAL provides an ideal work environment for highly motivated and team-oriented people. Employees enjoy the ability to utilize their skills at a fast-paced technology company focused on the travel industry, headquartered in "Silicon Alley" in the heart of New York City.
We offer an attractive compensation package. We offer excellent opportunities for your creative ideas to blossom within a supportive teamwork environment.
If you are interested being part of a team which is helping reshape the direction of travel technology, we Look forward to hearing from you.
Read full description