We are looking for Database Chief Architects ($100k/year) who would revolutionize how database services are provided in the cloud. We expect you to push the limits of the technology and provide high quality of service to all tenants while developing an architecture that is both highly reliable and simple.
A successful candidate should be able to proactively plan, implement, and maintain DB operational services, backup, and recovery; scaling and capacity planning activities, and administration and management of all database software patches and upgrades.
This role will also support the database application programming activities of engineering or professional services staff as needed. You must be able to handle heavy workloads, multi-task efficiently and be able to switch gears in a moment’s notice.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with AWS Aurora Services for both MySQL and PostgreSQL.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with MSSQL on AWS.
- Hands-on experience with Oracle Database is considered a plus.
- 3+ years of experience in an architect or similar role in the last 5 years.
- Practical experience in monitoring and tuning databases to provide high availability service.
Join our community of remote professionals!
Crossover is redefining the way people work. Brick and mortar offices are history. The future... of our global workforce will be built from teams collaborating from every corner of the world. We have embarked on an expedition to find and engage with that talent. Crossover has developed a unique method of finding, curating, and managing remote contractors. Our platform connects customers to the worlds best talent for both technical and non-technical employment. But we don’t just find the best, we also provide the tools, training, and relationship building support to ensure success for long term growth. Read full description