Data Analyst - SQL/Teradata (4-10 yrs)
- Focus on analyzing preliminary Enterprise Data Warehouse Data and do Data Profiling
- Monitor database integrity, investigate inconsistencies, and make recommendations regarding best method to rectify data inconsistencies
- Focus on resolving data quality and integration challenges Strong communication skills and the ability to gather business requirements
- Support Implementation Project - Work with Technical Lead and System Owner to analyze data in the application
- Determine data migration complexity, to identify information gaps against new requirements or conflicts across multiple applications
- Develop source-to-target mapping (STM) documents by analyzing data content and physical data structures in the legacy and downstream applications.
- Identify methods to implement data quality monitoring based on rules specified by business data stewards as part of the implementation
- Should be able to work independently and responsible for getting all clarifications from various stake holders (Business, Architects, Project Managers & Leads) to produce the deliverables.
- P&C Insurance - Particularly into Home & Auto Underwriting Processes and Data Elements.
- Should have independently produced and owned mappings documents for data transfer in EDW environment.
- Well versed with complex SQL, preferably on Teradata or ANSI SQL will also do.
- Exposure of Third Party Service Providers like LexisNexis (Choice Point), ISO Home Value etc is useful and preferred
- Any Data Profiling Tool (Ex: Data Flux, Informatica Data Explorer, Data Quality) and Advanced Teradata SQL
- Data Warehousing and MDM knowledge would be PLUS
JOB DESCRIPTION :
- A minimum of 6-7 years of progressively responsible experience in business operations, data analysis and operational data; knowledge of insurance industry. (At least 3 yrs into P & C Insurance on the personal lines underwriting processes)
- Min 3+ years of experience in Teradata SQL
- Should have exposure any data quality tool preferably with Data Flux.
- Strong technical competencies in SQL, database architecture/development and data marts
- Significant technical competencies in the use of business reporting and database management tools required.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving abilities. Ability to work independently and multi-task with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to prepare and present appropriate management reports.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external business partners.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, MS Project).
Leading in HR consultancy