• Coordinates activities with Account team from Sales, Engineering, Solution Architects and Global Support Services to ensure all customer needs are met. Acts as point of escalation for issues and concerns on specific problems relating to assigned region or country and is responsible for ensuring follow up and fault resolution. Coordinates all aspects of ongoing service issues, technical assistance and direction to customers and to GSS regarding NSBU products.
• Integrates customer and VMWare business requirements with technical requirements to determine best course of action when resolving customer issue.
• Ensures suitable level of service personnel and activity during problem resolution at all locations. Prepares and presents key business issues to senior management to provide and obtain information and to build consensus regarding project direction.
• Interfaces with customer on behalf of senior management via customer meetings and written communication during business disruptive escalations.
• Identifies and facilitates technical queries and problem resolution from the customer and Global Support Services to NSBU Engineering. Advises NSBU senior management of any developments and action plans. Generates support plans to resolve complex service related problems.
• Analyzes customer technical problems with respect to business, operational and financial areas of customer service and has responsibility for making decisions relating to these issues. Controls and directs internal resources in terms of setting time requirements and expectations.
• Documents and manages action items, assigned owners, and timeline of events during a break/fix customer impact event; drives corrective action plan. Participates in Root Cause Analysis including incident and problem management activities. Participates and leads highly technical escalation and management conference calls; assumes leadership role in providing case status updates to management, account team and director level customers. Able to clearly articulate concerns and issues to the customer. Ensures suitable levels of service personnel and activity during problem resolution at all locations.
As a 24x7x365 organization, holidays and on-call responsibilities may be required.
• Understanding of
o VMWare ESX and networking solutions
o good knowledge of troubleshooting networking issues (L2-L7)
o Innovative debugging skills
• Understand and put technical perspective to customer problem
• Reproduce customer reported issues in internal labs
o Think out of the box during this activity
o File bugs as and when necessary
• Create RCA doc
• Create KB content and document field facing articles
• Participate in technical discussions
o Test planning by QE
o Functional Spec and Design Reviews
o Product Quality Improvements
• Cross Functional Engagements
o Work with Technical Services
o Engage with Prod Mktg
o Engage with Release Engineering
• Capability to work individually with less supervision
• Excellent written and verbal communication.
• Possess excellent logic and data analysis capabilities
• Solid Customer facing experience
• Ability to work in a high-pressure environment.
• Problem solving – Ability to be resourceful and figure things out how to get things done
• Self-confidence – Ability to express opinions and influence effectively
• Passion to do more and think out of the box