The Contracts Manager will assume responsibility for development, management, and maintenance of all main contracts and subcontracts of SWs and Branch Offices around the Globe, as may be needed. The Contracts Manager will play a major role in this effort by ensuring that contractual arrangements with clients, subcontractors, suppliers are clear, economical, and efficient and that the tasks necessary to maintain contracts and strong client and supplier relationships are performed with expedience and diligence. To be successful in this role, the chosen candidate will have significant experience in international procurement and contract management, along with exposure to or experience of international field logistics. Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills, and significant experience in negotiating with stakeholders and suppliers, is required.
Serve as the Single point of contact on contractual matters for main contracts and major vendor contracts, acting as contractual middleman between SWs and its BRANCH OFFICEs Employees and vendors.
Monitor and shepherd review, approval, reconciliation, and amendment processes to ensure timely movement of contract actions through the SWs and/or its BRANCH OFFICEs workflow processes.
In principle, to support the project execution start-up, prior to full Notice to Proceed, including but not limited to Contract analysis and preparation of Project Contract Commercial Plan and Contract Appreciation Document and during the entire contract tenure.
- Assume responsibility for all project contractual activities from Hand Over from BD/Proposal Group until all relevant contractual obligations are complete and all relevant contractual issues are resolved/settled.
- Oversee major functions of contract management, including drafting, evaluation, negotiation and execution of subcontracts in liaison with Central Procurement & Contracts and Legal Team.
- Identification of Customer/Consortium and other third party obligations and development and implementation of the Project Contract Commercial Plan, including Project Claim Strategy.
- Liaise with Project Planning Manager to ensure Contract Programme and appropriate schedules for subcontracts are produced and maintained, to support Project Claim Strategy.
- Support project risk and opportunity identification and analysis. Support the management of risks and opportunities by development and implementation of appropriate Project Contract Commercial Plan.
- Preservation of SWs and/or its BRANCH OFFICEs rights and entitlements as provided in the Contract. Ensure proper notices are given in line with contract requirements. Management of claims to/from customers and consortium partners, subcontractors, vendors. Support the management of claims to/from Contractors and Suppliers as required.
- Ensuring appropriate recovery from third parties.
- Management of customer Variation Requests/Change Orders.
- Management of Project Insurances in liaison with Finance / Insurance Department. Assist the Concerned Team for submission, monitoring and settlement of insurance claims in accordance with the policies.
- Establishment and implementation of project specification contractual procedures, particularly regarding claims, insurance, variation orders, correspondence and notifications for both main contracts and subcontracts.
- Monitor transaction compliance (milestones, deliverables, invoicing, etc.).
Handle on-going issue and change management.
Monitor contract close-outs, extensions and/or renewal.
- Support and guidance to Project team on general contractual issues. Clarification of contractual/legal queries, if required by referring to HO Contracts Cell.
- Providing Contract Management support as required in the event of a (potential) dispute.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on relevant country business norms, legal conditions, and customs, and ensure this information is incorporated in contract agreements as required.
- Undertaking any other contractual/commercial tasks as instructed/requested by Project Director and/or Functional Management.
- Coordinate closely with HO Relevant Discipline staff to secure additional technical, financial, contract, and legal support as needed.
Develop and implement procedures for contract management and administration in compliance with SWs and BRANCH OFFICEs policies. As appropriate, contribute to or influence said policies.
- Provide regular reviews and updates on the status of ongoing contracts to Project Director and HO Contracts & Legal Cell.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
University Degree in Engineering, Quantity Surveying, Business Administration or NICMAR PG Course. Additional qualification in Law would be preferable but not mandatory.
Experience in large complex capital EPC projects, Power Projects (min 6-8 years) and preferable exposure to Site Construction Projects in India / Global.
Demonstrated experience in preparing and interpreting complex and sizeable contracts, preferably within the EPC Parameters in Infrastructure & Power Projects.
Strong fundamentals and understanding of Contract Law, Arbitration Laws Statutory Requirement applicable to such Contracts.
Technical understanding about, Term Sheet, EPC Contracts, Service Contracts, Supply Contracts, Quantity Surveying.
Experience of high level negotiations.
Strong communication skills - English language fluency;
Proficient ability in Computers, Microsoft Word, Excel, Presentations and project/supply chain management software, if any.
Organizational skills and flexibility to complete critical tasks on time.
A Self Starter with ability to work with minimum supervision in a team environment.
Understanding of project risk management.
Fluency in written and spoken English.
Knowledge of local customs and practices followed in execution of Projects in India & Worldwide.
Sterling & Wilson group is Indiaï premier MEP service provider is an 1600 Cr. plus and one of... the largest electro-mechanical (Electrical, HVAC, Fire fighting and fire detection, plumbing, Door access and security, Voice and Data cabling) contracting company in India. We have an all India presence and our offices are in nine locations in India and more are in the process of being set up. The company at the moment has employee strength of more than 1500 engineers and manager and other support function professionals. We are professionally run and managed company and have potential for bright engineers to progress horizontally and vertically in the organization. We provide professional work environment, opportunity to innovate and take decision. We are one of the fastest growing companies in Electro-Mechanical contracting field and have a very good order book at this moment. Some of our international order includes World Cup Cricket 2007, Stadium in West Indies, Presidential Palace in Ghana, 20Mega watt power plant in Africa. Orders for projects in India are huge and we are looking for more business. We also have set up one of the largest DG set manufacturing plant in Maharashtra with MTU of Germany. We will also be manufacturing 33/11 KV clad sub-station and low voltage panels, synchronizing PLC panels, bus-ducts, rising mains etc. Read full description