• Develop and deliver Milaan’s Communication Strategy with a focus on raising recognition of Milaan at various platforms.
• Lead the development and delivery of weekly newsletters, internal and external reports including Milaan’s annual reports.
• Lead and control the production of all communication materials such as photographs, videos, case studies etc. ensuring quality is maintained and Milaan’s brand and identity are reflected.
• Maintain the organisation’s website including updating the home page, creating content, publishing stories, blogs and updating the photo/video galleries.
• Provide support as needed the development and design of events, fundraising campaigns, workshops etc.
• Manage the editorial calendar to ensure the timely delivery of blogs, stories, etc.
• Provide advice, guidance and training on the effective creation and use of content to the team.
• Lead and strengthen media engagement/relations, prepare press releases and monitor media activity for appropriate responses.
• Develop high impact social media and blog contents from the field including photographs and videos to capture Milaan’s work to engage audiences and create organization and program visibility.
• Monitor and analyze social media and blog post metrics to gauge reach and engagement, moderate comments, answer questions where relevant and guide discussions
• Identify stakeholders such as media organizations, social influencers, NGOs, corporate institutions and organize meetings/discussions to develop strong networks to identify opportunities to collaborate.
• Copy editing and review documents to ensure correct grammar, punctuation, spelling, sentence structure, etc.
• Other projects and duties as assigned.
•Minimum 5 years of experience in a communication role with a non-profit organization.
•University degree in English/Journalism/Mass Communication preferred.
•Strong verbal and written English communication with a keen interest on driving storytelling strategy and experience for writing blogs, press releases, editorial content for an organization or brand.
•Experience of working with media.
•Self-starter, adaptable and ability to work in a fast paced environment and under pressure for tight deadlines.
•Open to travel to program sites across India for extended periods if required.
•Excellent computer skills; good knowledge of web and layout design.
Milaan is a youth-led non-profit organization that works to educate, enable and empower... children and young people from economically and socially challenged families in remote rural areas. Our approach is to create collective learning spaces for them to be introduced to the larger world around them and to explore their own potential.
Milaan runs two core programs in the area of education in rural Uttar Pradesh with special focus on girl child and school dropouts:
1. Swarachna Learning and Resource Center:- An informal school program in Uttar Pradesh for children from the economically and socially challenged families.
2. Swabhiman: A program for school dropout girls (with special focus on those who have passed the 5th grade), to get them back to school and prepare them to appear for class 10th exams. Read full description