Evaluate and improve supplier selection, considering total cost of ownership.
- Deliver the right goods at the fastest and most economical way, ensuring daily running costs
are kept at minimum without jeopardizing operations.
- Ensure compliance to framework agreements and practice catalogue buying, consistently
educating and optimizing inputs received from requestors.
- Ensure selection of best offer through careful analysis of supplier quotations.
- Selection of best mode of transport offer through careful analysis of forwarder quotations.
- Timely and consistent handling and follow-up on orders and invoices in cooperation with
suppliers, local agents and vessels.
- Ensure smooth coordination between regular stores, local goods and provisions deliveries to
vessels when in ports.
- Constantly work with vessels to enhance the ordering behaviour through promotion of a
cost mindset - instilling subjects such as master data, catalogues, frame agreements,
demand planning, inventory management and proper utilization of key port ordering.
Proactively and independently identify possible areas for improvement to reduce cost (e.g.
payment terms, incoterms, delivery costs, process and logistical optimization) whilst keeping
a vigilant eye on the overall process flow.
- Identify and evaluate potential suppliers to ensure availability of items and ensure smooth
operation on board the vessels.
A leading HR consultancy in India.