Responsible for development and maintenance of an efficient and profitable operation providing full scale Air/Ocean Export & Import forwarding.
Maintain effective business relationships within Global network and with all clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish operational policies and plans in accordance with the Company’s overall business goals, objectives, philosophy and policies.
- Lead personnel in the development and maintenance of a high performing, customer-focused branch facility (operations, sales and customer service functions) and region. Prepare, implement, and manage strategic and operational plans to meet short and long-term objectives and goals.
- Develop and attain an aggressive operational budget and business plan, contributing to the profitable growth of the region.
- Implement continuous operational improvement processes designed to achieve operational excellence and defined performance metrics. Ensure employees are trained, measured, coached and managed in the execution of global operational processes and standards, company business and human resource practices.
- Negotiate and monitor supplier, vendor contracts as necessary (e.g., negotiate with ocean carriers, resolve exceptional claims or disputes).
- Develop and maintain presence in local trade / shipping community (e.g. networking within related associations), relationships with ocean and air carrier representatives, regular contact with major clients and successful business relationships within Global Network.
- Prepare timely, accurate management information and reporting as specified and requested by the company policies.
- Create environment of respectful, prompt and efficient customer relations.
- Expertly interact with colleagues and affiliates to develop strategies for growth and establish credibility.
- Encourage and administer appropriate professional development and training. Administer performance reviews.
Connect Cargo is a well renowned company in India , owned and managed by professionals, with... hands-on experience in Logistics Management for over three decades. By virtue of our experience, we understand the requirement of Indian customers as much as we appreciate the culture of their foreign counterparts.
Connect Cargo has established a global presence in the transportation and logistics industry through a strong and reliable network of agents/ partners. Through this network, we help to simplify the complexities of our clients' global transportation and logistics needs, creating a seamless process. Read full description