BI Architect Job Summary
Leads, design, develops, maintains reports, dashboards, scorecards. The BI Architect will typically work with the Business Analysts, Data Integration Architect and DW Architect to translate the business requirements to define, design and deliver actionable insights. Participates on a project team working closely with internal and external clients, business analysts and other team members to ensure that the end to end designs meet the business and reports/dashboards/scorecard requirements; guide team in unit testing, implementation of solution, and continuous maintenance and support of existing solutions.
BI Architect Principal Duties & Responsibilities :
- Data dissemination architecture, securities, policies. Design in developing data marts, KPIs, Scorecards, Dashboards, Reports.
- Design analytical models, dimensional model, hierarchy, measures, derived measures, KPI
- Design in creating data validation rules at reports/dashboard/scorecard level.
- Participates in project collaboration meeting with clients, business analysts, and team members in order to analyze and clarify business requirements; Translates business requirements into detailed technical specifications and review technical specifications.
- Works with project teams to define and design scope for each project; Guide in creating test strategy to ensure the application meets the needs of the business
- Ensures proper configuration management and change controls are implemented; Provides technical assistance and cross training to other team members
- Designs and implements technology best practices, guidelines and repeatable processes; Prepares and presents status updates on various projects.
BI Architect Education & Experience :
- Bachelor's degree in programming/systems or computer science (preferred), specialized training, certification, and at least ten years of experience with DWBI applications.
- Requires experience and understanding of multiple programming languages and applicable applications including SQL, ETL, Data Pipeline, KPIs and Scorecards.
- Experience with Reporting tools - SSRS/ Cognos/ Tableau/ Qlikview/ Microstrategy/OBIEE/ PowerBI
- Programming languages - Python/Jupyter/ D3.js/ Zeppeline/
BI Architect Job Knowledge & Skills :
- SQL & Relational Databases
- ETL Techniques
- Data Modeling
- Data Warehousing
- Meta Data Repository
- RDBMS - Oracle/ MS SQL/Teradata
- NoSQL/Stream analysis.
Leading in HR consultancy