Core tasks will involve:
- Liasing with senior stakeholders (i.e. Divisional/LE CROs, Finance & Business) to explain risk metric movements and drivers of the various models used within Risk; be able to explain risk model linkage to capital, earnings, limit setting and the risk appetite process.
- Allocation of risk appetite from Bank to legal entities/ branches and divisions
- Challenging front office business experts on their requested level of risk appetite
- Preparation of high quality presentations and analysis for a diverse audience from senior management, to risk management committees and non-risk forums
- Researching and developing appropriate methodologies and processes to establish Risk Appetite, including updating of policies, procedures and risk appetites statements
- Preparation of various regulatory submission material on Risk Appetite Framework to FINMA, Fed and other supervisroy colleges
- Driving work streams forward, ensuring that task owners deliver on their commitments
- Understanding movements and drivers of risk metrics down to the business line and product level, and to be able to discuss this level of detail within Risk to ascertain the trading strategy behind such positioning
A good understanding of broad risk measurement frameworks, including Market Risk (e.g. VaR) or Credit Risk management as it applies to Private/Retail Banking or to Investment Banking
- Knowledge of Internal Capital Models such as Economic Risk Capital or Stress Testing frameworks
- Understanding of balance sheet accounting consolidation/non-consolidation rules, firm-level financial ratios and typical strategic financial objectives/targets
- High standard of written English, and experience of producing formal documentation
- To be able to operate autonomously, to drive a project/task forward and produce an end state product that can be presented to senior management with minimal required revision
- Knowledge of other areas such as Liquidity Risk or Capital Management would also be useful
- Proven experience within a risk department of a large bank or a consultancy firm
- Ideally, experience in limit setting and in the design or implementation of Risk Appetite and wider Risk Frameworks, or previous experience in an Enterprise Risk function
- Strong product knowledge across a diverse range of products
- A degree-level education (or equivalent) in a numerate discipline
- Professional or post-graduate qualifications within a relevant fields i.e. ACA/ACCA, CFA, PhD would be an added advantage
BLACK TURTLE is a premier talent management consultancy firm. The Indian arm was established... in the year 2000. Since then the unit has grown manifold and is ranked among the Top 10 across various services and functions.
BLACK TURTLE offers a wide range of services spread across various industries and functions. These services range from executive recruitment to consultancy in devising HR policies to attract and retain the best talent. It includes servicing niche recruitment needs to RPO. We offer multiple solutions under one roof.
Read full description