The Automation Engineer will be responsible for developing and implementing the automation solution for a manufacturing site. This role
Reports to Maintenance Head
Works independently, with minimal supervision and direction.
Require independent decision making and exercising of judgment.
Needs are generally prioritized by the group manager or lead engineers
- Support the configuration, administration and maintenance activities of the sites manufacturing automation systems, including process control systems, building automation systems, and data historians. Design, configuration, and testing of EMS elements including master batch records, master data, system configuration, and interfaces.
- Work with projects and manufacturing in the design, development, and qualification of automated processes, equipment, and systems; including managing the work of internal engineers and outside vendors.
Identify opportunities to improve existing process, equipment, systems, and infrastructure.
- Directly support operations with troubleshooting and issue resolution with respect to computer and automation systems.
Participate in small cross functional teams in support of project requirements and initiatives.
- Required to be part of on-call rotation for off-hours manufacturing support during emergencies.
- Requires working in an industrial manufacturing environment including gowning.
- Follow site specific HSE and ensure all safety and environmental guidelines are adhered. Support to maintain site specific safety goals, PASS and expectations
- Maintain effective and efficient relations between all departments to optimize plant efficiency
- Energy Conservation: Work with site energy &engg. team, ensure applicable guidelines.
Support Industry Benchmarks & Best Practices that are applicable to the Maintenance. Contribute to site specific goals as appropriate.
He should be able to strategise the automation strategy for the plant, should be able to develop the automation architecture, should be able to troubleshoot automation software programming.
A reputed manufacturing company of batteries