1. Each Store has a number of Departments, which consist of Menswear, Ladies wear, Children’s wear Household, Gift Shop, Play Shop, Coffee Shop, etc. It includes all types of merchandise. There will typically be a number of jobholders within the department, each of whom will tend to ‘specialize’ in a section or more from one department as sales volumes allow. In addition to this section/s on which the job holder concentrates, in case of exigencies of work requirement, the services of the job holder would be utilized in other departments, stockroom, customer service desk, other Stores at the same location or any other location etc. also.
2. The Sales Associate attends to the Customer effectively and efficiently.
3. Ensures stock level on sales floor is maintained.
The main duties are summarised below:
Filling up on Stock:
1. The jobholder keeps a check on the levels of stock in his/her section. The jobholder brings the stock from the stock room to the Shop floor.
2. Where stock room stock levels are low, the jobholder will inform the Dept. Manager/ Assistant Manager – Operations.
3. To bring/ take merchandise from/ to the delivery van to the Stockroom/ Store.
4. Stock is placed on the racks in the correct positions. Where items are not priced, the Jobholder will check, process and price the Merchandise before placing stock on sale.
5. The jobholder shall ensure that merchandise is laid out as per display principles, i.e. sizes & ratios are maintained.
1. The jobholder operates tills, accepting cash, credit cards and vouchers. When necessary, change will be obtained from cash office under instructions from DM/ AMO of his/ her department.
2. The jobholder shall ensure that efficient and correct billing is done. He/ she is responsible for any till discrepancies.
3. The Job holder has to ensure that he/she always has enough carry bags, stationery, audit rolls and wrapping paper at the till point
1. The job involves sales assistance to customers. The jobholder is expected to be polite and helpful when dealing with customer queries or complaints - referring them to DM/ AMO when necessary.
2. To take responsibility for customers’ follow up.
3. The jobholder should try and maximize sales through multiple purchases without inconveniencing the customer.
1. This involves the maintenance of an excellent standard of presentation and tidiness of the sales floor and till areas in which the jobholder works. To clean and maintain all fixtures and fittings/bins so that they are dust/stain free at all times.
2. The merchandise should be tidy and presentable at all times.
1. When necessary, the jobholder may undertake duties such as, assisting with layout changes - including moving, assembling fixtures and counters, providing sales assistance to other departments of the Store.
2. The jobholder shall always remain alert to ensure that shop lifting/internal shrinkage is minimal.
3. The jobholder shall assist in visual merchandising/promotions inside and outside the Store.
4. To carryout all other duties ancillary and incidental thereto as well as other duties assigned from time to time.
1. Customer Service
3. Till Operations
4. Cleaning/ Tidying
5. Stock take
Customers - Serving or answering queries - Daily
1. Assistant Manager – Operations and Departmental Manager - Instructions/constant interaction and working contacts.
2. Other Sales Staff - Working contacts - Daily
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
1. The jobholder must have at least passed SSC or possess equivalent qualifications, must be able to speak English fluently and must have good interpersonal/communication skills besides possessing a pleasant and presentable personality.
2. Knowledge of one of the local languages would be advantageous and experience of at least one year in a reputed retail organisation, though not essential would be considered as an asset.
1. Catering to the varied needs of vast range of customers, sometimes under intense pressure at crowded counters and on the shop floor.
2. Has to be mentally alert and physically agile throughout working hours.
3. Act as the first and best interface between the organisation and customers and help the organisation reach its prime target of ‘CUSTOMER DELIGHT’. To ensure that stock levels on the shop floor are maintained, stock is correctly organised, the department is kept clean and tidy and to provide exceptional service to our customers
4. Dull sessions can be demotivating, countering this can be a big challenge.
We are a Premier recuritment firm hiring for NBFC/BFSI